The Element icon enables you to access the functions used to edit the elements present on the labels. It displays a popup menu that contains the following items:
- Settings: this item enables you to access the property dialog box for the selected element, which can be a barcode, text, graphic and page element. If more than one element is selected, the last selected element will take priority.
- Cut: deletes the selected elements and copies them to Labeljoy's clipboard.
- Copy: copies the selected elements to the clipboard.
- Paste: pastes all elements found in the clipboard. You can also use this command to create copies of elements on different label groups. See topic Copying and pasting elements for more details.
- Delete: removes all selected elements without copying them to the clipboard.
- Font: enables you to simultaneously change the font of all selected elements. Has no effect on graphic elements.
- Fore color: enables you to simultaneously change the foreground color of all selected elements.
- Back color: enables you to simultaneously change the background color of all selected elements.
- Bring to front: places the selected element on top of all other elements.
- Send to back: sends the selected element behind all other elements.
- Align: this command (active only when more than one element is selected) displays a sub-menu enabling you to align the selected elements in different ways.
- Same size: this item (also enabled in case of a multi-selection) displays sub-menu that enables you to make the size of all selected elements equal to each other.
- Center: this item displays a sub-menu that enables you to center the selected elements in reference to the containing label.
- Move to: this item also pops up a sub-menu that contains commands to automatically resize the selected elements in various ways.
For a detailed explanation on automatic positioning a resizing, see topic automatic element positioning.
For a detailed explanation on Bring to front and Send to back see setting visualization priority.
Some of these commands can also be found on the toolbar.