With Labeljoy you can generate PDF417 barcode symbol, format used in a variety of applications. PDF417 symbol is used for inventory management, transportation and identification cards.
Note: The standard of this type of symbology establishes that the human readable text is not displayed.
How to generate PDF417 symbol
PDF417 symbols generated by Labeljoy can encode text in 3 different ways. Use the Encoding combo box to define the most appropriate encoding algorithm for the text you want to encode:
- (Mixed): default setting. Enables encoding of the data using a combination of all the following encoding modes based on the type of data found. Normally this setting produces the best results.
- Text: enables encoding of all of the 256 characters of the standard ASCII table. Produces the best results on numeric characters and ASCII values between 0 and 127.
- Numeric: enables encoding of numbers only.
PDF417 encoding: Labeljoy can generate PDF417 symbols 0123456789
The Error correction level combo box enables you to select between 9 different levels of recovery from symbol damage, 0 through 8.
PDF417 implements error correction to ensure readability on partially damaged symbols. The higher the error correction level, the larger the symbol size needed to encode the same data.
PDF417 encoding: http://www.labeljoy.com/en/download-software-create-labels.html
When a PDF417 barcode element is generated by concatenating fields or counters, the following rules apply:
- Text contents must comply with the selected encoding algorithm.
- Text length must not exceed maximum capacity.
When a value not complying with the above rules is found, the barcode is not displayed.
PDF417 symbols generated with Labeljoy do not support: Extended Channel Interpretation (ECI), and Structure Append (Macro PDF417) mode.