EAN 128 barcode generator
Discover how easy it is to create your custom Ean 128 barcode with Labeljoy. Ean 128 is an encoding that accepts a set of very large characters and although it can be generated by barcode software as a simple alphanumeric code, it contains a more complex encoding. An EAN-13 is a symbology derived from the older Code-128, a very high-density barcode symbology.
EAN-128 symbols differ from Code 128 symbols because of the implementation of the FNC1 character used as data start and separator.
- The FNC1 character is implicitly added at the start of the symbol, as required by the EAN-128 specification and, as of version 4.5, EAN-128 barcode symbols generated by Labeljoy support the FNC1 separator.
- Use the | (pipe) character to define the places where you need to have the FNC1 separator represented.
For example, the text 123456|ABCDE will be interpreted by Labeljoy as 123456[FNC1]ABCDE and the barcode symbol will be generated accordingly.
How to generate EAN 128 code in Labeljoy
In Labeljoy you can use the EAN-128 symbology to generate barcodes similar to the ones created by the GS1-128, but fully customizable and without the restrictions enforced by GS1-128 specification.
- Labeljoy requires you to enter an alphanumeric text up to 48 characters long to generate the barcode. Enter the text in the text box.
- The human readable text can be shown below the symbol, above it or hidden according to the setting specified in the Text combo box.
When an EAN-128 barcode element is generated by concatenating fields or counters, the following rule applies:
- Text length must not exceed 48 characters.
When a value not complying with the above rule is found, the barcode is not displayed.
Also, all ASCII characters above 127 will be removed with the exception of the | (pipe) character which will be interpreted as place holder for the FNC1 character.