With Labeljoy it is possible to generate PDF417 Barcode symbols, a type of barcode used in many applications, mainly in inventory management, transportation and identification cards.
Note: This type of symbology does not display visually readable text.
How to generate PDF417 symbol
PDF417 symbols generated by Labeljoy can encode text in 3 different ways. Use the Encoding combo box to define the most appropriate encoding algorithm for the text you want to encode:
- (Mixed): default setting. Allows encoding of the data using a combination of all the following encoding modes based on the type of data found. Normally this setting produces the best results.
- Text: allows encoding of all of the 256 characters of the standard ASCII table. Produces the best results on numeric characters and ASCII values between 0 and 127.
- Numeric: allows encoding of numbers only.
PDF417 encoding: Labeljoy can generate PDF417 symbols 0123456789
The error correction level combo box allows you to select between 9 different levels of recovery from symbol damage, 0 through 8.
The PDF417 symbology implements an error correction algorithm to ensure the readability of symbols even if partially damaged. The higher the error correction level, the larger the resulting symbol will be to encode the same data.
PDF417 encoding: https://www.labeljoy.com/en/download-software-create-labels.html
When a PDF417 barcode element is generated by concatenating fields or counters, the following rules apply:
- Text contents must comply with the selected encoding algorithm.
- Text length must not exceed maximum capacity.
If a value is found that does not comply with the above rules, the barcode will not be displayed.
PDF417 symbols generated with Labeljoy do not support: Extended Channel Interpretation (ECI), and Structure Append (Macro PDF417) mode.