The Modify counter form enables you to modify the following properties:
- Start: enter in this text box the counter’s initial value. The value entered here is always numeric, even if you selected a counter that uses alpha-numeric characters. This value may be a negative number.
- Step: enter here the value by which each position will be incremented. For example, by entering 5, each label will show the counter incremented by 5 units. This value may be a negative number.
- Number of digits: the minimum number of digits shown in the text. For example, by entering 5 the counter will be shown as 00001, 00002, 00003 etc.
- Counter type: Combo box to change the type of counter selected from 6 available:
- Decimal: base 10 counter using digits between 0 and 9.
- Upper case alpha-numeric: base 36 counter using digits between 0 and 9 and the 26 upper case letters from A to Z.
- Lower case alpha-numeric: base 36 counter using digits between 0 and 9 and the 26 lower case letters from a to z.
- Upper case alphabetic: base 26 counter using only the 26 upper case letters from A to Z.
- Lower case alphabetic: base 26 counter using only the 26 lower case letters from a to z.
- Hexadecimal: base 16 counter using digits between 0 and 9 and upper case letters A to F.
- Format: format to be applied to the value read from the data source (optional).
You can select a predefined format from the list or enter a custom format.
The option Show this form when adding new items if enabled will make this window automatically popup right after a new counter is added to the text.
The concatenated text can include more than one counter. Each counter instance will have its own unique start, step, number of digits and format
completely independent by all other counters included in the text.